So many projects, not enough hours in the day! 🙂
Here are some pics of what I’m working on:
There’s the “Rest Time Roll-up” mentioned in an earlier post, four more rows and it’ll be ready for borders…..
……the “Pheasant Quilt”, also from an earlier post, taking an extended break from this one…..
…….a bargello crib quilt (also, previously mentioned)….trying to think of the perfect words to applique in the brown rows…..
…..the newest addition to the W.I.P.’s, a hand-painted “quilted” gourd birdhouse, just needs a few coats of glossy paint and it’ll be done…..
…….and another ‘quilted’ gourd in a much less finished stage, needs alot yet….
……..and, of course, there is the never-ending job of laundry, cleaning, cooking….you get my drift. 🙂
I am waiting for a sunny day to take some pics outside of my quilt-top stash to post on my portfolio (coming soon). Hopefully, tomorrow…….
I don’t know about you but when I get to bring a quilt to the quilter, it’s a happy day! Here are pics of the quilt tops that I’m getting done this week:
I’m so excited! I will post the finished quilts as soon as I can!
Today, my youngest child, Emma, was off to her first day of kindergarten.
(Cheers and tears at the same time.)
While school shopping with the dreaded “supply list”, I saw that Emma needed a bath towel for rest time.
But, I didn’t read “bath towel”. I read “jazzy quilt that will make her feel special on her first day of school.”
And so I got to work.
I bought the fabric,
designed a pattern,
and started sewing.
And sent her off with her jazzy “Kindergarten Roll-Up” this morning. (This pic is not jazzy. I’ll replace it ASAP)
I was really happy with how it turned out! Next step: make a pattern for the next one!
Quilting resumed today, Yay! My newest WIP (work in progress) is what I am calling “The Pheasant Quilt”. It’ll get a better name when it’s done. While I don’t have the exact pattern worked out yet, the design is there. Here is what I have so far.
First, I raided my stash and these are the fabrics I chose:
The next step was cutting them into 21 x 1½” strips. I then joined them together into strip sets that follow my pattern. That info will become available in the future pattern. For now, I’m still in the designing mode. Here is a snapshot of one of the strip-sets.
There are 11 different stip sets for this quilt. When put together in the right order and cut at the right width, you get one block. Here is a picture of two blocks sewn together to start row one. Once again, the pattern for this quilt will be available on Etsy in the near future.
That’s all I have so far! I am currently working on block three for row one. Keep checking back, you don’t want to miss the finished project!
Filed under Quilting!, WIP
Ahhhhh……on to the real fun! Quilting. Somewhere amid snapping and posting pics of my Etsy inventory, cleaning house, watching kids and entertaining company, I’ve managed to start a baby quilt. Here are the fabrics I chose:
And here is where I’m at now:
I wish I could have blogged about the process thus far but it was enough this week just to be able to sew part of it together!