I finally finished the “quilted” birdhouse! Yay! It’s available for sale on our Etsy shop. Check it out!
Their are ten different “fabrics” in this design, each individually designed and handpainted by me. Every little patch was shaded and the whole thing was sealed with six coats of glossy paint to finish. Since taking this picture, I have added a little peg by the door for the birds to have easier access to their new home!
I really love it, let me know what you think!
Quilting resumed today, Yay! My newest WIP (work in progress) is what I am calling “The Pheasant Quilt”. It’ll get a better name when it’s done. While I don’t have the exact pattern worked out yet, the design is there. Here is what I have so far.
First, I raided my stash and these are the fabrics I chose:
The next step was cutting them into 21 x 1½” strips. I then joined them together into strip sets that follow my pattern. That info will become available in the future pattern. For now, I’m still in the designing mode. Here is a snapshot of one of the strip-sets.
There are 11 different stip sets for this quilt. When put together in the right order and cut at the right width, you get one block. Here is a picture of two blocks sewn together to start row one. Once again, the pattern for this quilt will be available on Etsy in the near future.
That’s all I have so far! I am currently working on block three for row one. Keep checking back, you don’t want to miss the finished project!
Filed under Quilting!, WIP